Followers

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Superior workmanship

Sunday July 29th, I went to the National Convention of the National Association of Miniature Enthusiasts show. It was the 40th anniversity of the organization. Unfortunately, by the time I decided I would be able to attend the week long celebration it was sold out! So we just went to the public day that Sunday.

Two years ago I bought three of my grandaughters a dollhouse on their birthdays. Those are the three I took with me to the show along with one of my daughters who enjoys viewing miniatures rather than making them.

It was held in a hotel that was a very beautiful combination of provencial and modern updates. A room set up as an exhibition hall was across from the sales room. My girls oooo and ahhhh their way through both. Their first surprise was a free gift at the door. From there is was giggles and pointing for hours.

I met so many great people and some whose work I had heard of previously. I came away with more than a few goodies. (pictures soon to come)

 After shopping, I decided to whip out my camera and take some great pictures of my girls next to some of the booths and exhibits. Uh, no go. My battery light was on indicating a dying battery, so I was only able to take pictures of this one fabulous roombox.

If I had to capture one thing, this is certianly the one. The International Guild of Miniature Artisans (IGMA) artist was so friendly and took a lot of time to explain the details.  Something he also shared was that along with him and his wife, he has two daughters who are also miniaturists.


Please view this lovely work done by Ron Gill and April Gill of Wildwood Dollhouse and Miniatures:





I wish the picture could do justice to this fine piece of work. The shelving is glass...tell you what...why don't you just scoot over to their site to see and read more about it.

You may see more of their work at:  http://wildwood-dollhouse.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2012-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2013-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=9

Click pictures for a larger view

8 comments :

  1. Hello again Grandmommy,
    It sounds like you had a wonderfuld ay with the girls and Ihink it's great that you're intyroducing them to the mini world. Thanks for the pictures of Ron's work. It is just stunning.
    big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Giac,

    Between You and me I got them into minis so I would have someone to play with. LOL

    The actual work is even more stunning up close. They do great work.

    Major hugs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous mini work! I'm so glad I found your blog today! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer!
      I am so glad to have you! I will try to keep you coming back by posting what I think you may enjoy.
      XO
      :-)

      Delete
  4. Great pictures - thanks for the post and the link. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Troy,
      Thanks for the encouragement. I will do my best to keep it interesting. :-)

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for the nice article. This was so nice of you and such a surprise for us today. I'm in the workshop too much I'm beginning to think that I'm not keeping track of all that is going on, on the web.
    Again thank you, April and Ron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! I felt so honored that Ron took so much time to talk to me about your projects.
      Your work is truly superior. :-)
      Grandmommy

      Delete

It is fun hearing from all of you!