Followers

Monday, June 25, 2012

The making of a miniature boutique



In case  you are wondering about the picture to the left, it is a boutique I finished a few months ago save for a few finishing touches. Here is the progression of the making. It took a little over a year to complete working on it a little bit at a time.



Just starting out with the basics.
The dollhouse flooring was bought from eBay,  stained then painted with a gloss to give it a nice finish. Only half  of the floor will be hardwood flooring.

 
A close-up of the wallpaper I bought from eBay. The great part is the border is printed on it.




I wanted something a little different so i glazed the outside pink then added a bronze crackle finish.


 
The number disk is a sequin on which I used a hole punch. I don't even know what the pink shelving was before. LOL


The door is part of a decorative doodad dismantled and painted to match. It is wood so I realize now I should have sanded it first. I will also add a door frame for it.  The clothes rack is from a Dollar Tree doll set painted silver. I made the gold dress on the left.


The shoes come from various sources. I even have a pair that might fit Barbie. Feet come in all sizes right? :-) The hangers are from the same set as the clothes rack from Dollar Tree. I bought several of these shelves new from a thrift shop so don't be surprised if you see several of them in my "mall."

This is as far as I have gotten. My miniaturist friend Janet from NAME suggested a few plants. Once I decide  which ones I will use I will add them.
These are two of the dolls who will be in my future doll stories. The pocketbook images on the left wall are iron on patches. Stay tuned for the finished product!



12 comments :

  1. The shop is amazing! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eliana! I think the finishing touches of the plants and door frame will make it complete.

      Delete
  2. Nicely done! Thanks for sharing your tips and tricks. I really love the recessed shelving and the gold dress form.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa! It is always good to know where I went right. I can usually guess where I went wrong most times. LOL

      Delete
  3. Hi!
    I'm glad to have the notice of you following my blog and sharing on this nice blog also!
    Thank You So Much For The Visit!
    I'm following you too and I get many interesting things to discover by your blog!
    Be Welcome!!(I see we have some friends in common!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like we have mutual feelings about our websites. Looking forward to what you will have next.

      Delete
  4. My dear,thank you very much for your sweet comment.You are very kind.We are grateful in Greece for all foreigners who love my country!!Your work is amazing,it is like I am in a dreamworld!!!!
    Greetings from Greece!!!!
    God blees you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Maria! I think we will enjoy one another's work. Keep coming back. I will do my best to keep it interesting for you. :-)

      Delete
  5. Hi there. Thanks for stopping by Chynadoll Creations :) I am you newest follower! Love your blog!!! gonna go take a peek at your previous posts :)
    Hugs and Blessings
    Cecile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chynadoll! I have been to your site many times in the past! Now that I have a google account I can leave messages when I come. For some reason "anonymous" was unreliable for leaving messages.
      I will be visiting soon!

      Delete
  6. The boutique looks wonderful – you really know how to think outside of the box when it comes to creating small spaces. Looking forward to seeing it when it’s completed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Roville. Your words are inspiring and for CHIC inspiration I will be visiting your blog.:-)
    Very classy!

    ReplyDelete

It is fun hearing from all of you!